Blade Motors Case Study: Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Navision) Implementation
The Riviera Bike SRL company, based in Popesti Leordeni and owner of the Blade Motors, Gospodarul Profesionist brands, was established in 2006 with the import of scooters and ATVs as its field of activity. The range of imported products was expanded two years later, also selling spare parts for scooters and ATVs, reaching today to import a much more varied range of products such as tools and tools, home and garden, appliances heated and the list can go on.
Thanks to the experience in the specialized market, the Blade Motors team is continuously preparing to be in step with the demands of the market and to offer the most varied range of products to customers, having today in its portfolio thousands of items.
Blade Motors offers its customers both own-brand products and products of renowned brands, such as “Total”, the company being the only importer on the Romanian market.
In the last period, the growth of the company had reached a pace that could not be supported by the ERP system of that time, which is why the decision was made to replace it.
The system at that time was provided by a single supplier, there being no possibility of expanding the team assigned to the beneficiary. It was almost impossible to make quick decisions and maintain good collaboration with clients without a clear view of the company’s business.
Thus, following an internal evaluation and a study of offers, the company chose Microsoft Dynamics NAV implemented by Support Soft – a specialized company with a young, but at the same time experienced team, some members having experience of over 15 years, in the implementation Microsoft Dynamics NAV, ever since it was called Navision and the first localization for Romania appeared. This led to the identification and rapid transposition of the business needs of the Riviera Bike company into the new system.
Why Microsoft Dynamics Nav? Because it is a complete ERP system for company management, adopted worldwide in over 100,000 implementations, which significantly reduces the occurrence of software bugs in the core of the system, it is flexible and capable of supporting complex processes, it can be customized according to the requirements of business and last but not least, the purchase of this system did not bring dependence on a single supplier.
The implementation of Navision started with the analysis stage, and the Go Live was done on August 1, 2018, during a holiday period when the volume of activity was not very high for a smooth transition to the new system. The implementation process included modules such as sales and purchases, stock management, financial – accounting.
The advantages of the implementation have been visible since the Go Live period:
With the implementation, it was possible to develop an integration with the company’s main websites through which both B2B and B2C orders are taken online.
- The time to take orders has decreased considerably.
- The system was implemented with localization by Romania, thus the Romanian legislative requirements were adapted, so it was no longer necessary to outsource the accounting.
- The quality of the post-implementation support by phone, email and the visits of the Support Soft team to the Riviera Bike headquarters, was a key factor for the company’s activity.
- Web services were used in the integration with the sites.
- Thanks to detailed reports, company management can make decisions based on real-time information.
- New functionalities have been developed to make the work of operators as easy as possible and to increase work productivity.
- Thus, the import of bank statements or the import of receipts with cash on delivery from couriers were automated
- Not to be neglected was the integration of Dynamics NAV with the main couriers on the Romanian market, reaching a high level of automation in invoicing and generating AWBs.
Support Soft always recommends the best IT solutions for business development and the most important point is the close collaboration with the beneficiaries of a Microsoft Dynamics NAV implementation throughout its development.